2012年4月30日 星期一

push out & pull in

Anonymous:
Looks like I'm reviving an old thread.

I teach classes in a fairly large company and was suprised to hear that they use the terms "pull in" and "push out" to mean advance and postpone respectively. They use the terms throughout Europe. They say that they learned them from an American 5 years ago, and one clamed that an Irish colleague uses them too.

I couldn't find the terms in any dictionary or thesaurus with this meaning. But a google search ("push out" postpone) showed a few results with this meaning. Same with pull in.

Now I'm just wondering if I should let it slide, or recommend them to change.

Has anyone else used "pull in" or "push out" in this way?

I'd prefer prepone!


See, prefix "post" is the, Looks like I'm reviving an, Hi, I

沒有留言:

張貼留言